Homework General Information

All projects must be written in C++ and submitted as Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 projects.

In order to submit a project for grading, you must:

Create a Git repository on Github for the project. Put “CMPM 265” and the name of the homework assignment in its title.

Upload (commit+push) your source code and Visual Studio project files to Github, as well as any other required files (art assets, sounds, etc…). The Visual Studio .sln file must be in the top-level directory.

Add me (jimwhiteheaducsc) as a collaborator. (read-only access is fine)

That’s it! I’ll use your latest master-branch commit on the due date and use that to score your work. 

You are free (and encouraged!) to help your fellow students learn and understand the course topics, but the work on your project submissions must be done by you and you alone. Having anyone else write any of your code or sharing your code with any other students is cheating. If you need help on a project, please ask me for help.  

But, I strongly encourage you after the project is over (only once I give the go-ahead sometime after all students have submitted their projects) to you share your source code with your fellow students so that you can all learn from each other.

You will not be graded on your Git commit history, but I strongly recommend that you create a Git repository at the beginning of a project and regularly push commits to it. That way you have a regular backup and history of all your work. This prevents the infinite sadness of losing your work because your computer gets stolen, spilled on, burned up in a fire, or someone drops their Switch on it.